There are many special discounts that are available to seniors. Retirees are offered discounts at most retailers, restaurants, parks and on public transport. But you won’t get these discounts unless YOU ASK for them. Simply ask the question, “Do you offer a senior discount?” and see how much you can save.
And did you know there are special senior discounts that are available just online? Many seniors were shocked to find out that they could save as much as $6,000 by using these online discounts and little-known government programs. Here is a list of discounts and offers seniors can take advantage of.
1. Save on Groceries
Once you’ve used your senior discount at all of your favorite restaurants, you’ll need to buy some groceries. Lots of stores give a senior discount – you just need to ask.
Keep in mind that discounts and deals may vary and can change without notice.
- Farm Fresh – 5% discount Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- Hy-Vee – depending on location will usually offer 5% discount on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (some stores set age to 65+)
- Fred Meyer – 10% senior discount on the first Tuesday of every month
- New Seasons Market – 10% discount every Wednesday
- Compare Food Supermarket – 10% discount in participating locations, get in touch with your local store to find out more
- Piggly Wiggly – varying discounts at participating locations
- Fry’s Food – 10% discount on the first Wednesday of every month to all seniors with VIP card.
2. Get a $3,120 Per Year Mortgage Reduction
Homeowners are surprised to learn this free program can offer them up to $3,120 per year in mortgage savings!
Still unknown to many is a brilliant mortgage program called the Freddie Mac’s Enhanced Relief Refinance (FMERR) that could benefit Americans and reduce their payments by as much as $3,120 per year! You could bet the banks aren’t too thrilled about losing all that profit and might secretly hope homeowners don’t find out before time runs out.
This program could end at any given time in 2019,but the good news is that once you’re in, you’re in. If lowering your payments, paying off your mortgage faster, and even taking some cash out would help you, it’s vital you act now and see if you could qualify for this free enhanced relief refinance program.See If You Qualify For a Mortgage Reduction
3. Go Shopping
Kohl’s, Marshall’s and Stein Mart
At Kohl’s on Wednesdays, over 60s can get 15% off. And on Tuesdays, outlet stores Marshall’s, Ross will offer up a 10% discount for seniors – though the exact age is determined by each store.
Walgreens hold a “Seniors Day” once a month too – which varies by location. Discounts of 20% are available for Rewards card members that are over 55 years old in store, and if you’re shopping online you can get a 10% price reduction.
If you are 62 or older, you can get a 10% discount every Tuesday and Wednesday at Dress Barn. And that’s not all, Stein Mart are treating over 55s with their clearance offer. On the first Monday of each month, you can get an extra 20% discount on clearance items. Goodwill gives 10%-20% discounts varying by store.
Just remember to check with the specific store in your area, as discounts might vary and change without notice.
4. Eating Out
If you don’t feel like cooking be sure to turn to these places for good senior dining deals. From fast food to steak restaurants, our compiled restaurant list will definitely help you make your choice.
Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Whataburger: free drink with purchase of a meal, depending on location (55+)
- Wendy’s: give free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- Piccadilly Cafeteria – 10% discount with “Prime Time for Seniors” card
- IHOP – 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Golden Corral: Senior discount varies by location
- Krispy Kreme Senior Discount: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location)
- Perkins Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers discounted list of menu items
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Sizzler: Offers “Honored Guest Menu” (60+) varies by location
- Papa John’s Senior Discount: check with your local stores (no standard senior discount policy)
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Friendly’s Restaurants: 10% off meal w/ free coffee at breakfast or free small sunday during non-breakfast hours
- Fazoli’s: Join “Club 62” for special senior menu items (62+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
- Country Kitchen: Great Senior Menu (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
5. Use HARP – Let The Government Pay For Your Mortgage
If you’re a senior homeowner you could save thousands of dollars each year by taking advantage of this government program called HARP. The Home Affordable Refinance Plan (HARP) was passed by Obama to help the middle class senior Americans reduce their monthly payments by as much as $4,264 each year. You could bet the banks aren’t too thrilled about losing all that profit and might secretly hope homeowners don’t find out before time runs out.
So while the banks are happily waiting for this program to end, the Government is making a final push and urging homeowners to take advantage of HARP now and save $4,264 each year.Click Here To Learn About HARP
6. Save Up To 70% On Life Insurance
Unfortunately with every year you age your insurance premium amount rises 8-10%. For senior citizens, rising life insurance policy costs can add up significantly. And what’s worse is the fact that many seniors have a hard time qualifying for new policies altogether once they reach a certain age.
Fortunately though, there is a way to get a very cheap life insurance policy. You need to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. This amazing website will let you do that and the best part it is totally free! They will run down your information through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available for a much much lower price. Seniors may end up saving up to 70% on their life insurance policy. Click here to learn how much you can save on life insurance.Click Here To Learn More
7. FREE Membership to Senior Discounts Club
Senior Discounts Club membership gives you access to huge discounts, deals, coupons and more.
Join for free now to get the latest deals on healthcare, home appliances, electronics, groceries, restaurant discounts and much more. Unlike AARP, membership to Senior Discounts Club is completely free (no strings attached).
When you sign-up for a free account you will get member-exclusive offers, unlimited access to deals, daily e-mail newsletter sent to your inbox with the latest discounts and deals. You can also personalize your experience and be the first to know about the latest deals from your favorite stores and restaurants.Click Here To Join Senior Discounts Club For Free
8. You Could Be Eligible For A Free Mortgage Relief Program
If you owe less than $679,650 on your home, use Congress’s free mortgage relief program. This program was created to give relief to the middle class. The program itself is totally free and doesn’t add any cost to your refi. Like most relief programs though, this one will expire, but there is still time left for hundreds of thousands of qualified homeowners to take advantage.Click Here To Learn More
9. Discount on Car Insurance
Did you know that depending on your age and other factors you could get a huge discount on car insurance? Most seniors don’t even know these discounts exist.
Recent studies indicate that only 5% of American drivers over the age of 55 are paying less than $50 per month for car insurance. That is probably because they are not taking advantage of the multiple discounts available to them. Click here to read how seniors can save $400+ on car insurance.Click Here To Learn More
10. Owe More Than $20,000 in Credit Card Debt? Use This Brilliant Debt Payoff Plan
Owe a lot of money in a credit card debt? This is what credit companies don’t want you to find out:
If you owe more than $20,000 in credit card debt, this proven debt relief program made available for seniors by Freedom Debt Relief can reduce the amount of money you owe. You can resolve your debt with no requirement of loans and thus become debt free in just 24 – 48months. If you’ve been struggling to pay your credit card debt, then click here to find out how you can become debt-free!Click Here To Learn More
11. Never Pay For Home Repairs Out-of-Pocket Again
Unexpected home repairs can be catastrophic to the finances of most seniors who are on a fixed monthly budget. Your home insurance will not cover your refrigerator, stove or washing machine breaking down unexpectedly. Same goes for your heater in the winter or AC unit in the summer, if it breaks, you have to pay the heavy repair bill.
The good news is that there is now a new Home Warranty Program available for seniors that can help protect you from unexpected home repair bills & save you thousands on repairs. Appliances, AC’s, heaters, roofing repairs, etc. – they are all covered under the program. If they cannot fix it, they will replace it, its simple + saving seniors thousands.Click Here To Learn More
12. Never Pay For Cable Again? This Device Allows You To Watch Your Favorite Channels For Free
Stop wasting your hard-earned money on ridiculous subscription fees. You can enjoy your favorite TV channels and shows for free! How? It’s very easy. All you need is this brand new device. It’s suitable for any TV and there are no installation fees, satellite dishes or monthly subscriptions. The best part – it’s absolutely legal. Once you’ll get this device, it will take you less than 10 seconds to set it up. That’s right. 10 seconds and you can start watching all your favorite shows FOR FREE!Click Here To Learn More
13. Get Government Rebates To Go Solar And Cut Your Energy Bill
Did you know you can significantly reduce your monthly electric bill and pay nothing for it? If you live in a qualified zip code you can get paid to go solar! Thanks to a little-known government program called Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit, homeowners who live in specific zip codes are getting thousands in rebates to install solar panels.
Many people were shocked that subsidies and rebates cover 99% of costs associated with installation so it literally costs $0 to have done. Learn more about this program and check if your zip code qualifies. Senior homeowners can literally save $1,000’s of dollars just by using this program.Click Here To Check If You Qualify
14. Save on Medicine
Healthcare is an essential part of human life, and the costs of prescriptions add up more and more as you age. Most retirees need to take some type of medication, so it’s only right that you should be able to get a discount on your pills. By choosing the right insurance company for your needs you could get your prescription drugs covered.
Also, many seniors may not know this, but they may be eligible to get extra benefits out of their medicare insurance plan. You can also check if you are eligible to get vision, dental, hearing or even arthritis treatment coverage included.Click Here To Save On Medicare
15. $950 Discount on Home Security System
Did you know that your house is 2.5 times more likely to be a target for intruders if you have no security system installed! Horrifying, isn’t it?
That’s why it’s smart for anyone to have a home security system at home. And you might think that getting the system installed is going to cost you a lot, but luckily you’re in for some good news! ADT, one of the best alarm system companies, are currently giving away over $850 in equipment plus a $100 Visa gift card with $99 installation and purchase of monitoring service for our readers. Click here to get your $950 discount when installing a home alarm system.Click Here To Learn More
16. Homeowners Who Owe Less Than $679,650 On Their Home Are In For a Big Surprise
When senior homeowners visit this free website they are surprised they may qualify for a huge mortgage reduction, that can save them $3,120 per year off their mortgage.
Millions of savvy seniors are taking advantage of special homeowner programs that can drastically reduce monthly mortgage payments by an average of $3,120 each year. These benefits serve as a big pay day for our seniors, but millions of seniors miss out on these huge savings by simply being unaware of their eligibility for this program.
If you owe less than $679,650 on your home you could likely qualify for this refinance program and the process is very simple. If lowering your payments, paying off your mortgage faster, and having an extra $260 a month off your mortgage payment would help you, then this could be a great money savings.See If You Qualify To Save On Your Mortgage
17. Eliminate Body Pain By Massaging Your Feet – 50% Discount
Taking inspiration from the ancient practice of reflexology, Mindinsole will massage your way to better health. The magnetized insoles will stimulate precise pressure points on the soles of your feet to relieve strains, reduce pain, and boost your energy levels. Seniors can get 50% off by simply by using our link.
On each insole, there is 400 acupoints to target key areas of your body alongside healing magnets that will balance your body’s natural electromagnetic levels. Reduce your back pain and release harmful toxins from your body – Mindinsole is just like having a massage therapist wherever you go.Click Here To Learn More
18. Save $1,000s In Costly Car Repairs with FIXD
If you’ve ever gone to your local auto repair shop for an oil change, but instead left with a huge bill for god knows what then this is the device for you. Often mechanics can take advantage of car owners, especially elderly and women, for their lack of knowledge by tricking them into changing parts and making ‘fixes’ that are not needed.
But, by using Fixd, you’ll never pay more for car maintenance than you need to again. If you see the mysterious “check engine” light come on, Fixd will be able to tell you exactly what’s wrong with your car.
If your car was built after 1996, then Fixd can instantly diagnose any problems it might have. This means that next time something goes wrong, the mechanic won’t be able to trick you. It’s super-easy to use that even the least tech-savvy people can do it.Click Here To Learn More
19. Cruise Deals
Carnival Cruises, Royal Caribbean, Costa Cruises
Is there any better way to celebrate life than to venture out at sea? Cruises are wonderful with their all-inclusive travel options where you get to sit back, have a drink or two for free, soak up the midday sun and enjoy some high-class cuisine along with various live music performances.
Cruise lines offer a huge variety of discounts for senior citizens, and this includes some of the most well-known companies like Carnival Cruises and Royal Caribbean, offering exclusive deals to citizens over the age of 55. You will be able to get a cruise deal anywhere in the world, be it the Caribbean or even the icy Alaska. Keep in mind that not all cruises have discounts, so it is best to check with the specific cruise company.
If you’re a member of our partner website SeniorDiscountsClub, you can get exclusive perks like:
- No Booking Fees
- Next to nothing Deposit Program—you can make a reservation with as little as $50 down per person!
- Unlimited Cash Back or Bonus Credits on every vacation.
- FREE Onboard Spending Credit for Specialty Dining, Shore Excursions, and more!
- FREE Service Upgrades – The best for Less!
- Free Bonuses and Travel Gifts
- and many others!
20. Take a Trip to the Movies
AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas & CineMagic
It’s lovely to visit the cinema every so often. Lots of theaters offer a senior discount too. AMC Theaters offer a generous 30% discount to over 60s. While Regal Cinemas are going one better and will give you 35% off if you are 60 and over. With the money you’re saving you can treat the grandchildren and get a bag of candies to eat while you all enjoy the movie.
Georgia Theatre Company offer varying senior discounts, depending on location and showtime, so be sure to visit their website for more information. If you’re over 60, you can get into weekday shows before 2pm for $6 at Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, get $1 or $2 off at B&B Theatres and $2 off all evening shows at Celebration Cinemas. Fridley Theatres offer a Bargain Day every Tuesday for all ages – why not take the grandkids?
And at Marcus Theatres seniors can watch matinees for just $5 on Fridays before 5:30 p.m. Showcase Cinemas offer discounted ticket price on Senior Wednesdays at all locations (except Showcase Superlux), and various discounts for popcorn and a soda. If you’re over 65, you can get a discount of between 10%-25% off your ticket price at CineMagic.
21. Visit Amusement Parks
Busch Gardens, SeaWorld Orlando, Disney Land & Dollywood
If you’re up for an adventure, you can use your discount at theme parks too. While your days of riding the rollercoaster might be over, there are still some other great attractions on offer.
Senior Pass Members at Busch Gardens in Tampa will get various discount offers all year round and SeaWorld Orlando will give you a $3 discount if you are over 50. LegoLand Florida gives seniors a $7 discount on entrance.
King’s Island offers seniors over the age of 62 various discounts as well You can also get a senior discount on one-day tickets and seasonal packages at Dolly Parton’s Tennessee-based park, Dollywood, that includes activities for all of the family.
22. Tour National Parks
Yosemite, Yellowstone, The Grand Canyon, Zion, The Everglades & More
With this amazing perk, over 62s can use their age advantage to score a serious discount at America’s National Parks.
It’s time to tour Yellowstone, senior citizens, you can get an annual pass for just $20 and a lifetime pass for $80. This pass gives seniors access to all 2,000 federal recreation sites, including National Forests and grasslands. You’ll be able to visit all of America’s parks through-out your retirement.
The cost of the pass covers your entrance-fee, camping, usage fees for a driver and all passengers. You can take the grandkids camping for free whenever you like. Enjoy wildlife, gorgeous scenery and some well-earned peace and quiet.
23. Public Transport
Amtrak, Trailways, Greyhound, National Rent A Car
This one is no secret. Many bus and train operators offer discounts for seniors. Rail service, Amtrak will give over 65s a 10% discount on tickets, and Greyhound will save you 5%. 65-years old and over can score 10% with Trailways.
Sixt automatically applies a discount if you book online. Hertz offers exclusive car deals for those over the age of 50.
Keep in mind that some discounts may vary and can change without notice.
24. Talk on the Phone
Mobile phones are for senior citizens too, and you’d bet you can get a good deal on one.
Keep in mind that deals may vary and can change without notice.
- AT&T – plan for over 65s that costs $29.99 per month. You’ll get 200 anytime minutes, and 500 for evenings and weekends.
- GreatCall – a senior plan for $14.99. However they do have various additional fees, so expect to pay a little bit more. The plan offers health and safety tools, which include 24/7 access to urgent care, medication and refill reminders, daily automated calls to check in with you and much more. This plan works best with a Jitterbug phone, which is especially easy and comfortable to use.
- T-Mobile – plan for $60 a month for seniors 55+, which gives you 2 lines with unlimited talk, text and LTE data.
- Verizon Nationwide – 65 Plus Plan where you can get a plan for $29.99 that includes 200 minutes and unlimited text messaging, it also comes with 2GB of internet so you can browse your favorite websites from your phone. Keep in mind, however, that this plan is not available for new Verizon customers.
- Consumer Cellular – a plan that includes unlimited talk for $30.
25. Flight Discounts
Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Silver Wings Plus
If you are thinking of traveling somewhere further from home you might need to know that you can get senior discounts from airlines too. Southwest Airlines will charge retirees at cheaper senior rates, just show proof of age when you are booking.
United Airlines will also give a senior discount to those aged 65 and over and you can save even more if you are part of the Silver Wings Plus program. Continental also offer senior discounts on select routes, and you can get senior fares from American Airlines if you contact them by phone.
26. Get Creative
If you have a lot of time on your hands, you might like to keep them busy by getting creative. Whether it’s painting with your grandkids, making some festive decorations or maybe knitting a pair of mittens for your loved ones hobby shops have you covered.
Major hobby chain Michael’s have up to 10% exclusive discounts for senior citizens or even more off of crafting materials. Joann has specific Senior Days where senior citizens aged 55 and older receive a 20% discount off of their total purchase.
27. Visit a Museum
Natural History Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, Metropolitan Museum of Art
Museums are a great way to spend time with your loved ones, so why not get discounts on those museum tickets. Most museums offer reduced ticket prices for senior citizens, for example Natural History Museum of Los Angeles offers a 25% discount for senior citizens.
Also, many museums in the U.S. have Free Admission Days, where citizens can enjoy the exhibitions for free. It is best to plan in advance and check the particular museums website for senior discounts. Also, there is always an option of calling the museum administration if you have any unanswered questions.
28. Hotel Rooms
If you want to settle down for the night someplace away from home you can be sure to get a discount at Marriott, Comfort Inn, Motel 6 and more.
Keep in mind that discounts may vary and change without notice.
- Marriott – 15% discount (62+). You can book online or call and ask for the senior discount
- Red Roof Inn – option of “senior rate” when you book online, may not be available for all locations
- Choice Hotels – 10% discount if you book in advance (60+)
- Hyatt Hotels – up to 50% off in participating locations. To qualify for this deal you have to make a reservation in advance and book for two people (60+)
- La Quinta – varying offers at participating locations (65+). Book online or call and ask for senior discounts
- Omni Hotels – varying offers at participating locations (55+)
- Motel 6 – 10% discount (60+). Call and book over the phone in order to get discount
- Wyndham Hotels – varying offers at participating locations (60+)
- Hampton Inns & Suites – 10% off when booked 72 hours in advance
One of the best ways to save money on a hotel is to compare the prices. We recommend TravelCheapr.com website to do this.
Don’t forget to claim these money-saving Senior discounts:
Car Insurance Discount. Click here to save $400+ on car insurance!
Mortgage Discount. Click here to save $4,264 on your mortgage each year!