Seniors need to choose the best cell phone plan for their needs. Fast internet and unlimited minutes are now a standard order for most cell phone plans, but they don’t offer the best deal to senior citizens who don’t want to pay for all the extras. There are cell phone plans designed with seniors in mind, though. They are usually prepaid and include fewer minutes and mobile data than standard cell phone plans. This can help seniors stay connected without committing large amount of their monthly income to pay for their cell phone plan.
- AT&T – plan for over 65s that costs $29.99 per month. You’ll get 200 anytime minutes, and 500 for evenings and weekends.
- GreatCall – a senior plan for $14.99. However they do have various additional fees, so expect to pay a little bit more. The plan offers health and safety tools, which include 24/7 access to urgent care, medication and refill reminders, daily automated calls to check in with you and much more. This plan works best with a Jitterbug phone, which is especially easy and comfortable to use.
- T-Mobile – plan for $60 a month for seniors 55+, which gives you 2 lines with unlimited talk, text and LTE data.
- Verizon Nationwide – 65 Plus Plan where you can get a plan for $29.99 that includes 200 minutes and unlimited text messaging, it also comes with 2GB of internet so you can browse your favorite websites from your phone. Keep in mind, however, that this plan is not available for new Verizon customers.
- Consumer Cellular – a plan that includes unlimited talk for $30.